window limit reached/ tap the window manager icon/ close somewindows

A

AC Question

window limit reached, tap manager icon close some windows. this keeps coming up when i try to go to some of the sites, like brainfall.com. what is a window manager icon?i need your help please? gone to suggested sites for help and not easy to follow on my phone so went to my laptop to see if much easier and it is not. keep asking for more characters so i keep writing something because i like to get right to the point not a lengthy story. Sandra leenerts

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It means your browser has too many open windows/tabs. Each time you open a link from outside the browser, a new browser window is created. If you don't close out those windows, they build up, and there is a maximum number of open windows the browser can support.

Which phone and browser are you using? The window/tab icon is typically at the top of the screen, and may look like two rectangles overlapping each other. Tap it, and you'll see all of your open windows/tabs in a stacked or list view. Start swiping them away, or tapping the X at the corner of each window (the method varies with the browser).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz