i want to buy sam galaxy s5 lte version in saudi (through online retailer souq) can i use dat phone in india plz answr my question
    10-06-2014 10:57 AM
    i want to buy sam galaxy s5 lte version in saudi (through online retailer souq) can i use dat phone in india plz answr my question
    You need to compare the network bands between the carriers you want to use it on and the device itself. Contact the carriers for that information; in most cases you can provide them with the model S5 and they will let you know if it's supported.
    10-22-2014 10:06 AM
    And if it's region-locked (it probably is), don't turn it on until you're in India and have an Indian carrier's SIM in it, or it'll be locked to Asia Minor and won't work in India. (And it has to be SIM-unlocked, either when you buy it or you'll have to buy the unlock code [there are sellers on eBay].)
    10-22-2014 04:28 PM
    And if it's region-locked (it probably is), don't turn it on until you're in India and have an Indian carrier's SIM in it, or it'll be locked to Asia Minor and won't work in India. (And it has to be SIM-unlocked, either when you buy it or you'll have to buy the unlock code [there are sellers on eBay].)
    Hey Rukbat, are you sure this is correct, or have you had an epiphany since this post.
    It seems if you buy a factory unlocked in the UK, if you use it abroad first (Afghanistan then Dubai later), it has to be sent to Samsung. Using it for 5 minutes in the UK first will enable it to work in Dubai, bands permitting.
    I just wanted someone else's view on this for this thread.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=488117
    02-04-2015 10:04 AM