Why have the music files on my SD card stopped showing in music player on my Galaxy S4?

A

AC Question

Music files on SD card stopped showing in music player on Galaxy S4

My phone turned off at some point in the night (wasn't low battery) and I discovered my music player empty. I moved an album from the SD card to device storage and it reappeared. All of it was working normally when i went to sleep and are all .mp3

How do I move my music back into the player?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Music files on SD card stopped showing in music player on Galaxy S4

The music isn't "in the player" to begin with. When you turn on the phone, media scanner makes lists of music files, picture files, etc. Sound apps use that list to show you sound files. Gallery uses it to show you picture files. Whether the files are on the external SD card or the "internal SD card" (which is really just part of internal storage), media scan picks them up. Make sure you haven't installed an app to turn media scan off. If it's off, you effectively have no media files on the phone, because there's no list of them.

Connect your phone to your computer and look for your music files on the SD card. (Or take the SD card out of the phone [unmount it or turn the phone off first], put it into a USB adapter and plug it into the computer, and see if there are music files on it.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay