Not sure what the Power Sharing message means? Should I download the app?

A

AC Question

My phone hasn't seemed to charge well the last two days so I decided to turn the phone off and back on again. My phone did not shut off completely but shut down and rebooted with a message saying
Power Sharing
You must download the app in order to control the amount of power shared. If you connect your device to another device with the Samsung Power Sharing Cable EP-SG900 without the app, the entire battery amount will be tranferred to the other deivice. Connect to Samsung Apps and download the application.

pjmezz13

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Same issue, also getting the not charging please use original charger notification. This happens randomly when I'm nowhere near a charger. Also the Samsung VR 'app' pops up constantly. This is on my Verizon S6

ltngo86

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
How can I download the app when my phone is down to 5% and refuses to charge because of this power sharing piece of sh*t? On top of that, the app states it isn't supported by my phone software. When I try to update it, my phone states its up to date. So now my frustration and anger kicks in because I can't use my damn phone that I pay 800 for. Who ever thought of this power saving crap should be fired. So please tell me how I should go about fixing this when I turn my phone on the battery decreases and the power cord is draining my battery life,:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
How can I download the app when my phone is down to 5% and refuses to charge because of this power sharing piece of sh*t? On top of that, the app states it isn't supported by my phone software. When I try to update it, my phone states its up to date. So now my frustration and anger kicks in because I can't use my damn phone that I pay 800 for. Who ever thought of this power saving crap should be fired. So please tell me how I should go about fixing this when I turn my phone on the battery decreases and the power cord is draining my battery life,:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Have you called Samsung about this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bring those phones into Best Buy, go to the cellphone area and look for the Samsung tech. (He or she will be wearing a light blue polo short with the Samsung logo.) Ask that person if he or she can please get your phone working.

DEDEVaughn

May 18, 2016
Visit site
This is an old thread, but this just happened to me, my phone was in my purse getting ever button pushed. Then the stupid message kept showing up. It did start telling me the last month since I got a new battery to use the original charger for better charging, but this was new and wouldn't charge at all. I turn the phone off and took the back off to put in a new storage card to transfer my pics to do a factory reset because they won't all fit in my cloud. As soon as I turned it back on it was working again! Charging normally. If it is malware, can the malware be in my storage disk?