Why does it say error when I open Playstore?

A

AC Question

why does it say error when i open playstore

it wont let me use playstore

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: why does it say error when i open playstore

Welcome to Android Central! Just curious--is this your first post, or have you been repeatedly posting this question in the Ask A Question section? I have seen quite a few posts like this that are very similar, so I'm not sure if multiple people are having this issue, or if it's one person making multiple posts. If you have been making multiple posts, please consider registering on Android Central so that you can followup in the same thread.

That being said, we need to know what device you have, and what error message is coming up. Does it occur on both wi-fi and mobile data? Do your other Google apps like Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Drive work normally?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: why does it say error when i open playstore

Do any other Google apps work normally, like Gmail, Google Calendar, Drive, etc.? Does this occur on both wi-fi and mobile data?

Try any or all of the following:

1. Go to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Play Store, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager.
2. Try a different wi-fi network, like at your local library or cafe.
3. Go to Settings>Accounts, remove your Google account, then add it back again.
4. Go to Google Wallet on the web and make sure your credit card information is current and valid.
5. Boot into Recovery Mode and wipe the cache partition (the exact procedure depends on the device).
6. Boot into Safe Mode, in case some 3rd party app is interfering somehow.
7. Last resort is to do a full factory reset. Before doing so, go to Settings>Backup & Reset, and uncheck Automatically Restore, because if some app is causing the problem, then you don't want to automatically reinstall that app after the factory reset.