Should I replace my Galaxy S5 screen after I dropped it and it cracked?

A

AC Question

galaxy s5 screen black

I accidently dropped my S5 off the bulldozer and it landed face down on the concrete. The screen display doesn't come on but the bottom button lights do and powers on fine. The screen looks like it has one tiny crack but doesn't look like its exaclt on the screen itself. Should I pay my insurance $100 to get another or what?

It also accidently fell off my motorcycles phone holder one day while I was riding. It didn't do no damage to the phone except on the metal side piece. It worked flawlessly until now when I dropped it from the height of maybe 9'.

What should I do?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
With any luck it may just be a loose connection caused by the fall but I think it's much more likely that it will need a replacement screen. Bear in mind that other damage may also have been done, so that replacing the screen may not be enough to get the device working properly again. It will need fault diagnosis by a repairer.

If you're not using one already, you may want to get a heavily-armoured case for protection against any future mishaps.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool