How do I delete photos from my phone but not from Google+?

A

AC Question

How do I delete photos from my phone but not from Google+

I have Note 2 running 4.4.2. When I take a photo and I have verified it is backed up to Google+ when I try to delete it from the Gallery it automatically deletes from Google+

I am trying to figure out how to keep it on Google+ still but delete from my phone.

Thanks,
Griff

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I delete photos from my phone but not from Google+

Welcome to Android Central! Was this pic backed up using the Auto-Backup feature? Are you using the Gallery app or the Photos app to delete? I think the Gallery app won't let you delete a cloud pic, but I could be wrong.

You could also use a file manager app to navigate to the /DCIM/Camera folder and delete the image from there.

Grifftech2K13

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Was this pic backed up using the Auto-Backup feature? Are you using the Gallery app or the Photos app to delete? I think the Gallery app won't let you delete a cloud pic, but I could be wrong.

You could also use a file manager app to navigate to the /DCIM/Camera folder and delete the image from there.

It was backed up using the Auto-Backup feature. I am using the Gallery app. I have tested it a couple times and when deleting through Gallery it deletes the backup on Google+

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

How about going to your Google+ Photos page on your computer browser and moving the important photos in the Auto Backup folder to other folders? Then you might be able to just delete the photo on the phone. Test it out on an unimportant photo first.