Why are my apps randomly being pushed into the background and then back again?

A

AC Question

Apps randomly being pushed into the background and then back again

Can't find anything on this so...
I will have an app open and while using it the app will suddenly close and reopen, or it may be being pushed into the background and then back again with a dip to black animated effect. It is like i hit the home button and then the application icon. I suspect it may be ram related or network related when switching between 3 and 4g. I am also rooted. I disabled all the apps that require root just to see but it still happens.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Apps randomly being pushed into the background and then back again

Welcome to Android Central! Which device do you have, and which apps do this? Is it random? What happens when the app minimizes--does the homescreen appear, or the Recent Apps list, or just a black screen? Is it possible you're hitting the Recent Apps button by mistake?

bayoumedic

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

OP here. I have a Droid Razr Max HD.
All apps are affected.
Random yes but I have noticed some patterns. Switching from 3g to 4g and back however airplane mode doesn't fix it. It also happens more frequently when using the GPS.
When the app minimizes only a black screen is shown then the app opens back up.
Not hitting a button.
If I had to guess I would say it has to do with ram management. But I'm not sure.

bayoumedic

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

That did not help. I installed a process monitor and after a few captures i think the process that is involved is system_server. It is the only one that spikes just before this happens. Hope that helps.

bayoumedic

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

i found in a forum someone mention the app Greenify in relation to system_server problems. That issue was multiple instances causing memory leak. I am not having that issue but i am uninstalling Greenify just to see.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Wish I had some other solution for you. I'm not sure if something related to your rooted status is causing the issue. You could try booting into Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps. If the problem persists, then it's probably a system/firmware issue. But if the problem goes away, then one of the apps you installed might be causing the instability. Restart the Device in Safe Mode - DROID RAZR HD / RAZR MAXX HD by MOTOROLA

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy