After kit kat update battery life is not as it use to be.
    10-10-2014 11:28 AM
    What device are you using? If it's a new device, then it's probably an app going rogue after the update. If it's an older device, remember that batteries do lose capacity over time, so the longer you use your devices, the faster their battery will die out. Usually takes a couple of years before you notice any difference in battery life.
    10-10-2014 11:46 AM
    How can you tell if an app is rouge? Sorry I'm still learning since I came from iPhone to android. I have only had mine around a minth and have noticed a odd different in battery life in so little time
    10-10-2014 05:56 PM
    It always happens to those precious few. New software update, and battery life goes to Hell in a hand basket! I had the Samsung Fascinate....loved it...then I got Gingerbread update, battery life was horrible. Changed battery, Factory Reset a zillions times, never got it back. I think maybe, some phone's in the manufacturing process may use different chips from different sources, and our phones may not have the exact match of components. Sometimes these components may or may not perform as expected with these updates. Or....Who knows. After every major update, I typically back up everything, and perform a Factory Reset (I do the alternate version, using the multi-button pressing). You can try to condition battery by letting it drain down to about 10% (never down to nothing), then power off device and charge up too 100%. Turn on phone...it may immediately go down to 98-99%. Again power off, charge back to 100%. Do this a couple of times in the month.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-10-2014 07:40 PM
    How can you tell if an app is rouge?
    Look in Settings/General/Battery to see what's using your battery most. (It's usually the screen, then some Google and System stuff.) If you see an app using 20% of the battery, and you haven't been using that app that much, that's probably the problem.

Sorry I'm still learning since I came from iPhone to android.
    You mean you weren't born knowing all this stuff, like the rest of us? No need to apologize - we all had to learn.

I have only had mine around a minth and have noticed a odd different in battery life in so little time
    With no difference in usage pattern? Charging it when it's down to 40%-60%? (See Battery University - How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries for the reason, and why it's bad for the battery to use it until the phone tells you to recharge it.) NiCad batteries had to be fully discharged every so often. You only do that with a lithium battery - fully charge, fully discharge for 3 cycles - if it's been sitting in a drawer for 6 months or so. (The original factory battery in the phone I bought in 2004 still gives me almost the same usage time as it did when it was new, if someone wants to argue. Even one of my Motorola bricks [I doubt that many people remember that phone] still has a working battery, although a) it's NiCad and b) the charge doesn't last too long - but consider the age of the battery, older than a lot of people posting here.)
    10-11-2014 12:04 AM
    Thank you very much. Apparently as well I need to make sure my phone gives me the correct spelling if my fi gers hit keys they shouldn't. I'm sure minith is not a word. Ha!
    10-11-2014 11:08 PM