Since Adobe Flash is no longer supporting Samsung - what is being used instead?

A

AC Question

Adobe Flash is no longer supporting Samsung - what are you using instead?

I acquired a Samsung Galaxy 3, model SM-T217S, from Sprint. When a game I was setting up for my grandson told me I needed to upgrade Adobe Flash I clicked to do so and expected no issue. Instead I received a message that my device was not supported. I contacted Samsung and was informed Adobe is no long supporting Samsung. They suggested I download a different flash player. Any suggestions?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Adobe Flash is no longer supporting Samsung - what are you using instead?

Adobe stopped making flash for mobile so the only way to get it is to use an older version of Flash ... But honestly it is very buggy when you do.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
FlashFox browser in the Playstore may display most flash content websites. You can Google how I do I add Flash to an Android. The CDA developers have been keeping it alive. You will have to download the app from an outside source, so there is a potential security risk. Plus, there are some Malware producers that use downloading Adobe Flash for Androids as the way to get viruses or malware on your device. I have helped 2 people who got the FBI is watching you malware to extort paying a fee to unlock you phone. A pain to get rid of.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The last version of Flash Player for Android (assuming you're running Android version 4.something) is at Flash Player 4.x (It's directly from Adobe, so there's no security risk - no one is uploading virus-filled files to that site. Or any files. Unless they happen to work for Adobe, and it's their job to upload files to the server.

It's not that Adobe isn't supporting Samsung, they're not supporting Android at all, any manufacturer. But that version should work okay for most purposes. If the game is played using a web browser, most browsers today handle Flash files on their own, but if the game is an app you'll need to install the Flash Player from the above link.