The screen on my Droid LGL55C will not stop rotating, how can I fix that?

A

AC Question

my android phone is a LGL55C and the screen will not stop rotation how can i fix that

The screen flips back and forth and it is hard to make calls or lookkat any thing

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: my android phone is a LGL55C and the screen will not stop rotation how can i fix that

Welcome to Android Central! Any recent drops or trauma to the phone, or water exposure? Have you tried turning off Auto-Rotate in Settings>Display or Settings>Accessibility? If it keeps rotating back and forth despite turning off Auto-Rotate, then something is messed up in the system software. You could try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. Follow the steps in this video, but instead of selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, make sure you select Wipe Cache Partition. When complete, then select Reboot System Now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw77POcfD8I

I'm not sure if this is your exact model, but it's probably pretty close, so hopefully the steps are the same.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: my android phone is a LGL55C and the screen will not stop rotation how can i fix that

When it's sitting on a table or as you move it? If the first, there's nothing in the phone that could cause that, and I don't believe in "things that go bump in the night". If it's as you move it, turn off screen rotation in Settings/Device/Display/Autorotate screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908