How do I trasnfer files from my sd card to my Galaxy Centura?

A

AC Question

memory transfer problem

I have a galaxy centura and there is a 32GB SD card in my phone and none of my apps that I have are even on it I cant download anything else and I have no idea how to move the apps to the SD card because there is no "move to SD card button" ive tried everything, please help

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: memory transfer problem

Not all apps can be moved to the SD card - they have to be written to be able to be. (And with more and more people "writing apps" by filling in the blanks on a generic app that wasn't written to be moved, more and more apps can't be moved.) And many apps that allow you to move an app to "the SD card" will move it to sd0, which is the "internal SD card", so you actually lose space. (Moving an app to SD leaves a link in normal storage, so Android can find the app - so the app is still in internal storage, and you've saved a link.)

Never buy a phone based on the number of apps you can put on the external SD card. Base it on how many apps you can put in internal storage. Seeing the direction Google is going, it may not be too long before "Move to SD card" disappears completely. (External SD cards have already disappeared from many lines.) Google is slowly getting into bed with World, Inc. (IOW, the large corporations), and an external card is a security risk.