Why is my Tab S 8.4 LTE battery draining extremely fast and erratically?

A

AC Question

Tab S 8.4 LTE battery drains extremely fast and erratically

I read about the amazing battery life of this thing, however I am not able to hit 2 hours off a full charge, with power saving mode on, wifi and location settings off, screen on basic color scheme at 20%, background processes off. I'm using mobile Internet for browsing the Web (no videos) and chatting via viber/Facebook messenger. What's weirder is I often get large skips in battery drainage, as much as 20 percent, like from 61 to 40 is common, then in the 41-43 range down to 22, usually in the same spots. I've tried factory restores and battery doctor and recalibration apps, this thing is like 2 weeks old. What gives?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Tab S 8.4 LTE battery drains extremely fast and erratically

Welcome to Android Central! How's the mobile data signal? If it's poor, that can drain battery. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome