My Samsung Galaxy Exhibit will claim it's at a full charge then dies when it's unplugged, what's going on?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy Exhibit will claim it's at full charge then dies when it's unplugged.

About an hour ago I had my phone plugged in charging. It lit up telling me it was fully charged but I'm taking care of my nephew this weekend so when I went to feed him dinner I forgot about my phone. I just now remembered and unplugged it however upon doing so it died. I tried to turn the phone on twice but it never got past the loading screen. I plugged it back in and waited for the charging screen to load (which showed I had a very low charge) and when it did I turned the phone on. This time it worked. The battery gauge showed it was at 2% (now currently at 17% and still charging). This has only happened one other time about 4-5 months ago. Though that time I was able to turn the phone on without plugging it in only to find it at 0%.

That time the phone wasn't even charging. I was at a friend's house and upon checking my batter and the time (battery was at 70 something %) is when it shut off. I lost everything I had set (ringtones for contacts and tones for alarms).

I'm not sure it's a problem with my battery as I've looked at other posts and articles and they don't believe it is either. I've heard of other phones dropping to a low charge upon unplugging it but never completely dying with a 0% charge.

My phone just had it's "first birthday" yesterday and if this hadn't have happened back in May/June I'd believe that it was because it was getting "old".

Any advice?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Exhibit will claim it's at full charge then dies when it's unplugged.

If you lost all your data it's not the battery. I'd suspect the motherboard has more than one problem. (The phone dieing may be a bad battery, though - or it may also be caused by a problem on the motherboard.) You'll have to take it in for a diagnosis.