Can anyone help, my LG G3 Home is not responding?

A

AC Question

LG G3 Home not responding

I asked this question a few days ago and B Diddy responded. I cannot figure out how to write back...sorry. So I am responding this way. He asked if the only launcher I had was the one installed on the phone. YES. Does the "Home not responding" go away if I reboot. YES. That is frustrating however, because that means my alarm did not go off for work. The phone is only a couple of months old. Any suggestions...do I need to contact LG? It is with AT&T but of course, I did not purchase the protection plan this time. I have had great longevity with my phones in the past. Thanks for whoever sees this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG G3 Home not responding

Hi again! May I suggest registering with Android Central! It will make it much easier for you to keep track of your posts, and continue conversations in a thread.:)

My guess is that it isn't a problem with the phone itself--it may be something you installed that is causing instability. You could try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it may be a problem with the system. But if the problem goes away, then something you installed may be causing problems. The challenge is trying to pinpoint which app. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away. Or alternatively, uninstall everything, then install your apps one by one, seeing if the problem recurs in between. This can be a slow process, because you have to give enough time after each install to see if the problem happens. You can probably assume that very popular and well-established apps like Facebook aren't the problem.

astanley1

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site

I've been having similar issues. (LG G3 with T-Mobile). I thought it was Facebook/FB Messenger causing the issues, but uninstalling them did not help. My home isn't responding, but more often I can't even unlock the phone because the lock screen is unresponsive. The phone turns the screen on and off repeatedly, but will not unlock. In the middle of writing a text it will throw up the lock screen. Needless to say all of this kills my battery life. I'm not able to do more than one thing on the phone at a time (such as use Google Maps for directions and listen to Spotify) because the phone just simply ignores me after they're in progress. The repeated locking makes the phone a heavy purse-weight and that's about it. Should I factory reboot or go back to T-Mobile? Thoughts?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

To the OP (original poster):

Find your nearest AT&T Device Support Center (ask at your local AT&T store). Bring the phone to them. They're usually pretty good, even if it's an app you installed, or something you're doing wrong. Since the phone is only a few months old, it's still under warranty, if it's a problem with the phone. (Make sure you back everything up - they may just replace the phone.)

If they replace the phone, at this point (a few months in) you'll get a refurb. Don't get upset - you're not replacing a brand new phone, you're getting a used phone replaced with one that (99.9% of the time) is as good as new.

Oh - you'll probably not be first on line. Just be patient, they'll get to you. Bring a book to read or have a game to play on the phone or something.

To astanley:

I have no idea how good TMobile is. (I stopped being a dealer for them years ago.) But bring the phone into their local store and speak to them about it. If your phone is under warranty (any "you" and any phone), you shouldn't worry about why something isn't working, only how long it'll take to get to the store and get it fixed. You paid for the warranty (it's part of the price of the phone) so don't be afraid to use it.