I have updated my Galaxy Gear 1 and now my Whatsapp messages do not appear, can anyone help?

A

AC Question

i am using a galaxy gear 1 and whatsapp msgs dont appear after last update

earlier when whatsapp app was updated, the msg content used to be displayed on the Galaxy Gear but recently the Gear received an update, the whatsapp msg contents no more appear on The Gear, instead it shows the name of sender and below it shows "SHOW ON DEVICE". its annoying as earlier i was able to read the msg on Galaxy Gear.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: i am using a galaxy gear 1 and whatsapp msgs dont appear after last update

earlier when whatsapp app was updated, the msg content used to be displayed on the Galaxy Gear but recently the Gear received an update, the whatsapp msg contents no more appear on The Gear, instead it shows the name of sender and below it shows "SHOW ON DEVICE". its annoying as earlier i was able to read the msg on Galaxy Gear.

Same problem. I think it started when the app 'Gear manager' became 'Samsung gear'.

Welcome to the forums, the both of you. It might be a bug in the app. Have you contacted the developer to let them know?

Alejandro Robin

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: i am using a galaxy gear 1 and whatsapp msgs dont appear after last update

Same problem also....very annoying and defeats the purpose of having the watch to read messages if you have to go in your pocket and read it on the phone.

Drood666

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
1. Uninstall the Galaxy Gear app on your phone.

2. Download old version of Gear Manager 2.1.14071502

3. Put your phone on flight mode and install the apk.

4. Enable Blu Tooth and make your settings in Gear Manager

5. Disable Flight Mode

Now it works again, but you wont be ale to open Gear Manager for settings because it wants an update. If you want to take changes you gonna have to do all the above again unless your handy is rooted. Than you can deny auto updates

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay