Why do I have duplicate numbers in my dialer contacts?

Nebul0us

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Duplicate numbers in dialer contacts

Would love some help with this issues. I have duplicate phone numbers for each contact, but only when I go through the dialer app to my contacts. If I open "People" through the desktop or app drawer, everything is fine. But when I open dialer, and tap contacts, the numbers are listed twice inside each contact. I do not have duplicate contacts, just duplicate numbers. In fact, the numbers are the same as it's duplicate, but the parenthesis and dashes are gone. I can't find a way to delete these duplicate numbers. Any help would be awesome. I am running SlimKat on my Nexus 5. Thanks!

singhaldipanshu

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I might have just bumped into a possible solution. I was trying multiple solutions, and this one in particular worked (atleast for the time being).
So, here it is,
In the 'App Permissions' of WhatsApp, Go to the option of 'Write/Delete Contact' and change its permission from Always Allowed to Always Denied.
Then after doing this, whatever contacts you save in your device from there on, save them individually, not by the add contact option of WhatsApp.
It seems to have worked for me, though I have put this solution on probation as of now, as I cannot say the issue won't resurface prematurely.
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol