What is a good browser to use in the UK that is not Google?

A

AC Question

google browser removed. need new browser

I've had to just delete Google from my HTC one m8. Google plus keeps over taking so I've deleted it all. What would be a good browser for in the UK. I've only converted from ios last week but like the phone. Please help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: google browser removed. need new browser

Welcome to Android Central! It's a phone with Google's OS, so it's not too surprising that there is a lot of Google integration. I don't find it much different from Apple's control over all of iOS.

How did you actually delete "Google" from your phone? Are you rooted? You can't remove Google+ or Google Search from the phone if you're not rooted. If you are rooted, I would advise caution, because if you delete the wrong app, you might have some significant problems using the phone.

If you're looking for a non-Google browser, just search Google Play for "browser." There are lots of 3rd party browsers out there. Try Firefox, Opera, Dolphin, Maxthon, Now Browser. The list goes on ...

amobile

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

I disable the Google plus its like a teaming system. I have not used chrome or used it to browse as its very buggy. Just using my 02 homepage now. Ios is so much safer and Google play is a complete scam. I just don't feel safe using Google I'm too scared to even use my banking app's. I've got 7 days left if I want to return the phone. Not sure what to do

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure why you feel this way only about Google. Every platform out there will gather your information, whether it's Google, Apple, or Microsoft. Apple is not particularly better than Google at securing your information--just ask the celebrities who had their nude pics leaked. Many other apps gather your information as well, like Facebook and Twitter--do you participate there?

If you really don't trust Google specifically, then you ought to consider moving to a different platform than Android or maybe consider one of those super-secure Blackphones. I'm not trying to be dismissive or anything--I just don't think you're going to have an optimal experience on your Google Android device if you try to completely remove all traces of Google from it.

Good luck!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000