Can anyone help, I have Galaxy Tab 3 that is Unresponsive?

mgeorgetti

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy Tab 3 Unresponsive

A coworker brought in her Galaxy Tab 3 for me to look at. It is completely unresponsive. The most I can get out of it is the "Samsung Galaxy Tab3" splash/startup screen displaying. It never goes beyond this. If I hold either the power button by itself or the home and power buttons, after about 15 seconds the screen goes black but the splash screen comes back after a few seconds. Once I held the home and power buttons while the screen was black and that brought up a battery symbol with a white circle in the middle but that was about it. The battery symbol stayed there until I held the power button again. The tablet seems to be holding a charge as I can unplug it and it still shows the splash screen. My coworker said that, while it was working properly, there was a prompt to apply an update but she kept ignoring it. I read online that this could be fixed by taking the tablet apart and unplugging the battery. I'm not sure if this is true or not. Thank you in advance for the help.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Tab 3 Unresponsive

Hold the power button until the screen goes dark and then hold together the power, home and volume up. Hopefully, it'll take you to recovery and do a system reset.

Posted via Android Central App