Why am I unable to get my wifi connected?

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
wifi hangs at "turning wifi on".

Hi, im using the ZTE majesty with Android 4.1.2
stock.
So i woke up one day to find my phone restarting, and as soon as it finished booting i noticed that my wifi wasnt conneted.
I go into settings, and i see that my wifi's slider is grayed out and turned off. i then tap "wifi", and it just keeps saying "turning wifi on. but it doesnt turn on.
Also, my bluetooth still works flawlessly.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: wifi hangs at "turning wifi on".

Hi, im using the ZTE majesty with Android 4.1.2
stock.
So i woke up one day to find my phone restarting, and as soon as it finished booting i noticed that my wifi wasnt conneted.
I go into settings, and i see that my wifi's slider is grayed out and turned off. i then tap "wifi", and it just keeps saying "turning wifi on. but it doesnt turn on.
Also, my bluetooth still works flawlessly.

Have you reboot the phone? Try a reboot and see if that works. Also, look to make sure that you have the proper credentials setup to access the wifi network - a reboot of the wifi router won't hurt either.

Let us know how it goes.

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: wifi hangs at "turning wifi on".

ive rebooted many times, friend. ive actually done all of the basics that i know of. ive reset, powere cycled, factory reset, lightly tapped the area where my wifi ant is to see f it was a hardware issue.
the thing is, i cant turn my wifi ON... at all. it just hangs at the "turning wifi on" screen, but never actually turns itself on. ive reset my router many of times in the past few weeks( although the issue doesnt stay within the router itself) lol.
What credentials do you mean? like the wifi password or network ssid?
Also, it doesnt show that i have a mac address