I've been having some issues with charging my tablet.

When i plug it to it's charger it wont fully charge.

I use its cord and box but it wont add/take in power.

The tablet recognizes that a charger is present because the batter says it's charging but It only stays on 1%. There's no X on the battery. It looks as if it was suppose to be charging.

Sometimes it will survive off of that 1% but most of the time it ends up dying.

Another unusual thing that happens is, when the charging animation comes on.
    While the tablet is off and the blue battery charging animation comes on, the battery will make it to the last bar in its animation then turn off and restart.

It's like it charges, dies while charging. Then restarts.

Either it will do that, or it will charge and when i come back atleast 2hrs later it will still be at 1%.

This has been happening for about a month already and it is very rare that the tablet will actually charge a little.

What should I do?

Do i have to send it back? Take it to get it fixed somewhere? Or do i just need a whole new tablet?

Please help me~
    10-14-2014 09:38 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you have a Note 10.1 or a Tab S? How old is it? It sounds like a failing battery, which would be expected from an older device, but can also happen in a newer one if the battery is defective.

I would try a different charger/plug combination first, to make sure it isn't a problem with your charger. If that doesn't work, it's probably time to contact a Samsung service center or a local repair shop.
    10-14-2014 10:22 PM
    My son's tablet is having the exact same issue. It is the Galaxy Note 10.1 (I think? Maybe 10.2?)
    Last night I somehow got it to go from 1% to 4% .... but then this morning when I woke up it was still at 4%, and now after a full day on the charger, it is still at 4%
    10-29-2014 05:57 PM
    Any time anything like that happens, first turn the device (phone or tablet) off and charge it overnight. If it reaches full charge by morning, the device can't draw as much from the charger as it's using, so the net "charge" is actually a battery drain.

A bad, misused or old battery could cause the same problem, for the same reason. ("Misused" meaning constantly being discharged to almost zero or frequently left in a car too hot to be comfortable for you, or in one below freezing.)
    rach333 likes this.
    10-30-2014 12:07 AM
    Thank you. I will try that tonight and see if it gets charged. He is kind of rough on the charger and I've caught him more than once with the charged plugged in while he has the tablet propped up to watch netflix. I keep telling him not to do that, but he still does - could that be messing up the charger?

Edit: It's been shut off, of the charger, for about 3 hours and gone from 4% to 5%. I'll leave it alone in the morning and see what it shows tomorrow night
    10-30-2014 06:03 PM
    I've caught him more than once with the charged plugged in while he has the tablet propped up to watch netflix. I keep telling him not to do that, but he still does - could that be messing up the charger?
    If it's actually sitting on the charger plug (where it plugs into the tablet), definitely yes. That puts a strain on the microUSB connector connections to the board. They're very thin wires, and a strain like that could cause one or more of them to become loose and stop working. If it isn't resting on the plug (the plug is on the side or he's resting the tab on his knees and the plug is between them), no, just being at an angle, unless the wire is being pulled tight, won't cause a problem.

Edit: It's been shut off, of the charger, for about 3 hours and gone from 4% to 5%.
    The first couple of hours won't be putting much charge into a totally dead (as dead as you can get a lithium battery, which isn't really 0 charge) lithium battery. By now (it's afternoon of the next day) it should be at least 50% charged.

BTW, it should be charged when the charge is down to 40%-60% for longest battery life. Constantly draining the last bit of charge out of the battery can result in having to replace it about every 6 months. (Lithium isn't the best battery technology yet, but lithium is the lightest metal, so we get the highest power to weight ratio from using it. We don't want nice lead-acid batteries running our phones - walking around with 5 pounds of battery is annoying, even if they can take a lot of abuse and last for years.)
    10-31-2014 12:10 PM
    I'm having this same problem. I purchased a new battery from a reputable company off of amazon.com and it's doing the exact same thing that it was with the factory battery. I'm assuming that the battery isn't the problem. I no longer have the factory charger as my puppy chewed threw it, but that was almost 6 years ago. I've been using different micro usb chargers since then (primarily Samsung factory chargers for my Note 4, Avant, and a couple other Samsung devices that we have in the household. Any other ideas on what this might be if it's not the charger or the battery?
    01-20-2015 05:47 PM
    I have an acer tablet doing the same . but when I plug into my car charger it has no problems charging . I bought a new wall charger they said was same as the original but still won't charge. Please help
    07-13-2015 07:36 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you have a Note 10.1 or a Tab S? How old is it? It sounds like a failing battery, which would be expected from an older device, but can also happen in a newer one if the battery is defective.

I would try a different charger/plug combination first, to make sure it isn't a problem with your charger. If that doesn't work, it's probably time to contact a Samsung service center or a local repair shop.
    I have a KitKat 4.4.2 with the same problem
    07-16-2016 10:25 AM
    I have a KitKat 4.4.2 with the same problem
    Welcome to Android Central! KitKat is the Android version. What brand and model of tablet do you have?
    07-16-2016 06:50 PM
    i've been having some issues with charging my tablet.

When i plug it to it's charger it wont fully charge.

I use its cord and box but it wont add/take in power.

The tablet recognizes that a charger is present because the batter says it's charging but it only stays on 1%. There's no x on the battery. It looks as if it was suppose to be charging.

Sometimes it will survive off of that 1% but most of the time it ends up dying.

Another unusual thing that happens is, when the charging animation comes on.
    While the tablet is off and the blue battery charging animation comes on, the battery will make it to the last bar in its animation then turn off and restart.

It's like it charges, dies while charging. Then restarts.

Either it will do that, or it will charge and when i come back atleast 2hrs later it will still be at 1%.

This has been happening for about a month already and it is very rare that the tablet will actually charge a little.

What should i do?

Do i have to send it back? Take it to get it fixed somewhere? Or do i just need a whole new tablet?

Please help me~

i found this fix on another site for my recent similar issue. Unplug it from charger and press power & volume up simultaneously for 20 seconds then plug it back in. If it worked you should see the lg sign light up after a minute or so indicating its charging.evidently this does a "battery flush" of some sort...it should charge properly then. Allow it to get a full charge b4 you start play with it. After many a trial and error with 12 diff chords and chargers this worked for me.
    11-12-2016 01:31 PM