How do I recover a password for a secure message folder?

gottmoore

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
HTC Secure messages folder password -HELP!

My issue is in the HTC messages system. I put one message in the secure folder. I cant figure out the existing password for the secure messages folder to access. Can anyone here help with a work around?

Phone is original software, not rooted, clean imei, works fine on carrier
Secure message folder had not been used/set up by the previous owner.
I tried his phone number, and mine.... no success

Called carrier- Gave me tech number to HTC
Called HTC- master reset may be only choice- Before I do this, I'd like to see if it can be done a little easier than hard reset, re update software, etc.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC Secure messages folder password -HELP!

The idea of a secure folder is if you don't know the password you can't get into it. The better the software, the more difficult it is to get into the folder when you don't know the password. I'd say that HTC tech support is right. Back up everything - even files you don't think you'll need. (Storage is cheap. 1TB drives are as cheap as $59 http://www.microcenter.com/product/..._Internal_Hard_Drive_ST1000DM003_-_Bare_Drive ) (Don't forget to back up your launcher setup, if your launcher has a backup/restore function.)

gottmoore

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: HTC Secure messages folder password -HELP!

OK,
I figured it was worth a try. I downloaded the HTC Sync Manager, and I've got a separate drive to transfer to on my PC to follow directions from HTC.
All this is for a single message, and the ability to access the folder in the future (if needed). I didn't think about it when I got the phone, I was familiar with my S3, and it didn't have an option like the HTC.
Both are good phones, and I just got to get used to a newer platform.
Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol