Why is my phone saying the memory is full when I still have space available?

sieg89

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Memory full while still having space

Hi !

I have a classical problem it seem : my meory say it's "full", i can't download anything but when i look on my phone, it say I still have 170Mo free. And if i connect him to my computer it say...ha, 70Mo free. And if I look in the "application" menu, the bottom line say I have 300+ Mo free...what the hell?

I have a Sony Xperia M with an internal card of 2Go and another card of 2Go. He's not rooted, so i can't install the app on the 2nd card.

Thanks for any help/advice...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Memory full while still having space

70MB, 170MB, even 300MB isn't much these days - a lot of apps need more space than that.

But that's that amount of total memory free, not that amount of space for app installation fre. In some phones (it's up to the manufacturer), they're not the same thing, so you may have even less space that you think.

2GB of internal storage means very little space for apps - Android itself (including the kernel, which is Linux) takes much of that, leaving not much for apps. 8GB is considered a small amount of internal storage these days. 2GB was fine, when everyone wrote apps that took very little space, and no one expected to be able to store more than 10 or 20 apps on a phone. Using that phone with today's apps just doesn't work if you want more than a few apps on the phone.

If you run App Backup & Restore, you can install an app you don't use all the time, back it up to external storage, then uninstall it. Do that with all the apps you use only once in a while. Then, when you need one of them, uninstall a backed up app you aren't going to be using, install the backed up app you need now and run it. (You can back up a lot of apps in 2GB - use your external storage) and even an 8GB card isn't very expensive any more (you can get them for about US$5 if you shop around. You don't need a Class 10 card - even a Class 4 card is fast enough for backups.).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital