Why does my calendar only sync one way with Exchange account?

Ellebjerg

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I have my Outlook calendar synchronized with my android phone (Sony Xperia Z1 Compact). It appears to work fine, but only from Exchange to phone, not the other way.

Any new appointments made on the phone do not show up in Outlook but remain on the phone, and changes to existing appointments made on the phone are synced back to the original appointment when synchronized with Exchange.

I cannot see any settings on the phone that has to do with this (I have made sure that the new entries are in fact made to the Exchange account, not to the phone calendar), and my company's technical support claims that the error is not in their systems.

Last edited:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like when you are setting an appointment that you want to sync with your exchange account you are not changing the account in the appointment. When you tap a day to set an new event and you go through all the time, date, event name, place, and so on at the top of the screen on the left side it will say what account you are syncing with touch that and change it to your exchange account, and then it should go both ways. My guess is if you didn't know it was there all of the things you are setting on your device are syncing with your default Google account which won't sync with any other account. I believe this is true for each account, i.e. they all will sync with your Google account because you've set Google to add events from them but Google won't share events from, say Yahoo, with your second Google account. You can view them as one calendar on the device but not send items from one to the other .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie