Which mobile should I purchase?

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey Gang,
Been awhile send I posted here (ex android central lounge rat) as I now reside over at Connectedly. Usually I wouldn't post a simple question like this, but I'm going to see the wide range of options.

After some tinkering on my Nexus 4 last night, I cracked my charging port chip and may of done battery damage - will confirm today when I swap a second screen on the misses Nexus 4 (least 1 will word). Idiotic I know but after the misses had gone through 3 expensive repairs on it, I thought it was time to do it myself like I had on my old phones.

Now, Simless (lost my sim in a safe place) - I'm considering going post paid, but the mobiles don't look too flash and the post paid plans are more expensive with same benefits and has the phones price built into the cost (actually costing more than the device and prepaid plan together!) So it will look like I might stick with prepaid. I am a huge fan of the nexus range, I root my devices - the odd kernal, flashing etc.

I prefer stock android but I'm open to others, I probably should look at a larger battery size and water proofing would be a bonus (I tend to work around water alot).

Any helpful hints on a device i should grab?
AC me would say use your spare mobiles (old Nokia Brick and HTC wildfire, or Iphone 4 - if other gets fixed) and wait for the Nexus 6!

Fire away gang :)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Before we go any further, how much do you want to spend? I'm assuming, perhaps wrongly, that prepaid means paying the full cost of the device?

Posted via Android Central App

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the slow reply. I have no set budget when it comes to tech :) preferably 600ish or below. Might just keep my current device though as I got my misses nexus working (most of it) and she prefers her iPhone now but I am looking for an excuse to upgrade.

Potentially to the 6

Posted via Android Central App