Why is my Note 8.0 running out of storage space?

almaach

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm running out of space on my Galaxy Note 8.0 and previous responses to this question aren't really helping.
I have moved everything I can to the SD card and deleted loads of apps including ones I really like but don't use as much as my "critical" apps.

I've cleared the cache.

I've tried to delete a bunch of apps that I didn't download (eg Flipboard, AwesomeNote and Trip Advisor) but apparently I can't :-( Bloatware I guess

I have tried to delete all downloaded files because apparently there are "files downloaded from internet" using 2.11 GB!! Getting rid of these would really free up my space. However when I click into this I am only able to see a few small pdfs which certainly do not account for 2.11 GB.

I am not comfortable with the idea of rooting. However I have considered a factory reset
I saw this advice on a previous answer "consider clearing the system cache by rebooting into recovery, " ... not entirely sure how that is done...?

Any other ideas?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Apps aren't stored in the same place in all devices - some have one huge storage area, others partition it into internal SD card, app storage, etc. Back up all the apps you've installed (Helium will do it - just remember to check the box to back up the app too, by default it only backs up the data), then do a factory reset and reinstall your apps. (You may have to install Helium from the Play Store first.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678