Why isn't my Nikon Color Pix s800c working right?

Celsey Garrels

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
my nikon color pix s800c is not working right!

hello, i am having a problem with my nikkon s800c android camera i have used my pattern unlock way to many times and now i have to use my google account to unlock it but i can not get my wifi on because the camera is locked. i do not have a users manual and can not figure out how to factory reset my camera. can anyone help me?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: my nikon color pix s800c is not working right!

Well, that's flattering, I suppose.:) But it seems odd to me that Nikon support wouldn't be able to tell you how to do a hard reset for that device. They should know better than a community forum, considering it's a Nikon product, and they are Nikon tech support.

Try calling 800-NIKON-US, and ask the support tech directly how to hard reset the device. If they don't know, ask for a supervisor. If Nikon support doesn't know how to hard reset the device, it may be difficult to find someone in the community who knows.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I can't find a specific procedure on how to. I did find a YouTube video, but the link isn't posting correctly. I am curious if ADB commands would work in a situation like this.

Sent from an AOSP M8

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

I can't find a specific procedure on how to. I did find a YouTube video, but the link isn't posting correctly. I am curious if ADB commands would work in a situation like this.
If USB debugging is enabled.

Celsey, don't ask them how to reset the camera, ask them how to get into recovery mode. (There's a factory reset item in there.) "Recovery mode" may be more familiar to them that any way to reset other than using the factory reset on the main menu - which you can't get to.