Swype disappeared from my phone... how can I get it back?

castrofreak

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I was using Swype all the time on my ZTE android for about 6 months. Then one day, my husband was texting, touched something on the keyboard that made it go to another keyboard like a flip phone, and when I got it back to a keyboard, Swype was no longer in my keyboard and I could no longer use it. I've tried downloading a couple versions of 'swype' from the store but all of them are buggy, jumpy, and slow, and if they're not that, my phone just doesn't have the room for the install. I just want my swype back. It came with the phone, I don't know what he did. How can I fix this?

castrofreak

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
No. It was before it disappeared cause I had to turn it on to begin with. But after it stopped swiping, then its completely gone. Idk if a reset would restore it. I'm also afraid a reset would delete the 300 pics of my daughter.

Zach Mangs

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
You should just be able to download it from the Play Store.
Free Version: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nuance.swype.trial
$0.99 Paid Version: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nuance.swype.dtc

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A factory reset deletes what you've added (including pictures), it doesn't add files (or apps) that are missing.

Check the ZTE forum on XDA and see if anyone has a zip or apk file for the keyboard. (Some of the developers on XDA seem to know their phones better than the people who designed them - because they have more time - and inspiration - to poke around and find things the designers weren't aware could be done. To them, "can't be done" isn't an end, it's a challenge. We used to call that hacking, until the word became associated with bad things.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz