How can I dial a phone number, plus conference meeting ID, by clicking on a link in an email?

Jeff Tech

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
We have a number of users at our company, who would like to be able to send out either an email or Calendar invitation with a clear dial string as a link, so that mobile users could simply click on the link and the soft phone would do all the work for them.

This link would look like the following:

444-555-6666,7778888#

This works fine on Blackberry and iPhones, though our corporate email app treats the link differently depending on whether it's in an email vs. a Calendar invite / reminder.

Ideally, what we'd like to do is be able to tell our clients how to put the dial string into an email or Calendar entry, so that mobile users on all the major platforms can simply click on the link, so that they can join into the proper conference call, without having to do any further dialing for the conference ID.

I've looked through a number of Android forums and it appears that it's possible to add this type of info as part of a contact number, but I've been unable to find info on how to put this in a link that the Droid phone will treat the same as what is in a contact.

Every string that I've tried with a friend's phone has either dialed all of the digits in the string, without pauses, or has split the string and discarded anything after the pause.

We've used 'p', 'w', 'comma' and 'semicolon' but none of these seem to be working.

Has anyone out there tried to do this sort of thing with their Droid phones?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! A single pause character (whether it's a comma or a "p") usually only pauses for about 2 seconds. Have you tried multiple commas or p's in a row?