Galaxy Nexus won't reboot after an update

RizaHawkeye

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
A friend of mine updated her Galaxy Nexus from 4.0.2. It rebooted to install the update and now it's stuck on the screen that says "Google" and it won't go past that and turn on. What's the problem and how could we fix it?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
On the assumption that the update completed okay, try removing the battery for a while...say an hour....and replacing.

http://m-support.verizonwireless.com/mobl/features.kb_51337.tp_2.html

!!! But note that if the update is only partly downloaded, interrupting it by removing the battery may (I believe) brick the phone. Her choice whether to try it.

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the update was over the air (IOW, she received a notice that there was an update and she accepted it), whoever sent the update (her carrier or Google) is responsible for restoring the phone. The law sees it as "you broke it, you fix it". Have her bring the phone to her carrier to determine whether they sent the update or not and, if Google did, whether the carrier will make good on it or she'll have to contact Google. (She may have to take it to a different store of the carrier's - not all stores do repairs or replacements. A full reflash will probably fix the phone. But whatever is done, any data on the phone will probably be gone, so I hope she's the kind who does regular updates.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12