Can anyone help me get my Galaxy S4 to turn on?

whiteeboi

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S4 screen won't turn on. Notification lights, back/home buttons work.

My Samsung Galaxy S4 (ATT) screen won't turn on. The phone is rooted. I was using my phone and the picture i was looking at began to have green lines appear on it until everything went black. I took out the battery, rebooted, took out sim and sd cards, took the phone apart and disconnected and reconnected everything and my screen still doesn't work. I've been charging it with my wall and computer. Everything seems to work but the screen. Its just black and the touch screen doesn't work. However the back and menu buttons do work even though they are touchscreen too.

whiteeboi

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 screen won't turn on. Notification lights, back/home buttons work.

You mean the LCD FPC connector? That seems not easy to repair.

I'm not sure what it's called or where it's located. All I know is that the screen does work sometimes. Currently the screen either works or is green and white lines. I'm sure LCD works. It must be a problem with some connections inside the phone. Don't know which or where.

Sophiania

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 screen won't turn on. Notification lights, back/home buttons work.

I'm not sure what it's called or where it's located. All I know is that the screen does work sometimes. Currently the screen either works or is green and white lines. I'm sure LCD works. It must be a problem with some connections inside the phone. Don't know which or where.
It's really hard to judge. The only way i can occur to is try the LCD on the other S4. If can work well, it's the problem of LCD FPC connector(which connector on the motherboard). If still work with line, it means your motherboard is okay. Just a thought and good luck to you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund