Why isn't my SD showing up?

Brianna Dingler

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I recently received a Blu 5.0C HD phone, and the only problem I'm having is with the SD card. At first, it would say that it's scanning the SD card and checking for errors, and it said this for a few hours. Then, the SD didn't even show up. I tried reformatting it on my computer, but that doesn't seem to help.

It shows up on my computer just fine, but not my phone. I even tried an extra SD card that I've had, and it doesn't show up, either.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Is this a giant GB card? I know many devices take larger cards these days but some are still too big. That being said, the specs show that this device will accept an SD up to 64GB in one place and another says 32GB??? When you formatted on your PC what format did you use. Most devices accept fat32 but on my Windows 7 PC I had to manually change it to fat because it defaulted to some other format, so you could check that for starters. Also while looking into this issue I saw a lot of bad reviews for this phone. The very first one was about the SD. It said that the phone errored saying the SD was damaged while it worked in every other device the poster put it in. Not 2 reviews below that someone complained that they lost all of their pics that were saved on the SD, and the review below that was even with everything directed at the SD the phone continued to say it was low on memory.

BLU Studio 5.0 S - User opinions and reviews

Anyway, not knowing what size your card is I would recommend trying a card smaller than 32GB, formatted to fat32, and crossing your fingers.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Try formatting the card in the phone

It sounds like the phone isn't recognizing it at all at this point and it will not format what it cannot see.

To the OP are the cards the same brand by chance, or the same level of SD?

If you're like me, always looking for a deal, a low quality card could cause issues. Or if you the opposite of me, buying the fastest, usually more expensive cards, it could be more than the device can handle. Now I'm not sure this matters, because it would seem that just because it is capable of great speed if the device isn't capable of transferring at those speeds it may only go as fast as the device, but it's one more thing to consider. You can see the performance ratings here> https://www.sdcard.org/developers/overview/speed_class/

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Now I'm not sure this matters, because it would seem that just because it is capable of great speed if the device isn't capable of transferring at those speeds it may only go as fast as the device, but it's one more thing to consider.
The card itself doesn't "go" at any speed, it just has to be able to respond at least as fast as the device needs it to. A Class 10 card will still work in a device made when Class 2 cards were the latest thing.

UPDATE:
I have fixed my SD card problem. All I had to do was apply pressure to the slot while the card was in it, and it came up
Glad you got it fixed, but that says that the spring in the card slot is a bit bent. (The "spring" may actually be the metal on the top of the slot.) It should apply enough pressure without your having to press it down. Let's just hope that it keeps working. (If not, gluing a thin sheet of paper to the top of the card [use rubber cement on the paper only, not the card, so it can be removed if needed] may apply enough pressure.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance