Moto X vs Nexus 5 ? Are still good buy options?

WP_290

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I am willing to go into Android, but I dont want to break the bank, my two options are Moto X (2013) and the Nexus 5. Both models will be the 16gb. I am not aware of similar phones (performance/price) in other brands like LG or Sony, so I might accept new suggestions.

I am looking for:
-No lag (at least the faster I can go with that budget)
-Battery life (not expecting miracles, but at least a complete day of moderate use, no games)
-No gammer here so dont worry
-Good occasional photos/videos. Not any pro stuff, just something good enough to share with friends, etc.

What should I buy?

(I can get the Moto X (2013) cheapper and faster than the nexus, so if both are even I will pick the MX)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Both are still excellent phones. I have a Nexus 5, and experience no lag. The camera takes great pics. But the battery is mediocre at best. I'm not a heavy user, so I get through a full day on one charge--but be aware that it gives you about 3 hours of total screen-on time at best.

The people I know who have the 2013 Moto X love it. Its performance is much better than its "midrange" specs suggest, because the software is well-optimized for the hardware. The camera sounds like a potential weak spot, although I've also seen some great pics from this device.

predator519

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I have had both the nexus 5 and the moto x. I loved them both but would for sure choose the moto over the nexus. Mainly for the software features like act. display, assist, etc.... The only thing is that, depending on your carrier, its Bootloader can be difficult to unlock. I hope this helped!