Why won't my phone turn back on or do anything?

Sara Hodge

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
why wont my phone turn back on or do anything?

i have this charger and everytime i plugged my phone in and was on it, the battery would drain instead of charge and my phone turned off and i left it on the charger and it never turned back on and it wont even charge or vibrate or do anything. ive held the three buttons down and repeatedly pressed the lock button and nothing happens.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: why wont my phone turn back on or do anything?

i have this charger and everytime i plugged my phone in and was on it, the battery would drain instead of charge
That means that the phone uses more current than it can draw from the charger, so you have to turn it off to charge.

Plug the charger in and don't touch the phone for 24 hours. In the future, when the battery gets down to about 40% (at the lowest - 50% is better), turn it off and charge it. Constantly discharging a lithium battery to near zero shortens the life of the battery. (Do it often enough and you'll be replacing the battery every 6 months.)

If you need more life than that, and the phone has a replaceable battery, buy a spare and a charger that can charge the battery outside the phone. Then, at the 50% point, swap batteries and charge the discharged one. (You can use a phone until your voice gives out if you carry enough spare batteries with you - and these days good batteries are in the $10-$20 range, depending on the model phone.)