Why is my Jellybean handset popping up switch off reboot options?

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Jellybean handset popups switch off reboot options everytime n also while idle please suggest

My android jellybean handset popups switch off reboot options everytime n also while idle please suggest .
MODEL ADCOM THUNDER 430+

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Jellybean handset popups switch off reboot options everytime n also while idle please suggest

Welcome to Android Central! I'm sorry, can you rephrase that? The question isn't entirely clear. Are you saying the Power option menu keeps appearing? Or it never appears, even if you press and hold the Power button?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Jellybean handset popups switch off reboot options everytime n also while idle please suggest

I see--so the Power Off menu keeps showing up, even though you're not pressing the Power button?

It's possible the Power button might be damaged--perhaps it's stuck halfway, or has become overly sensitive. You may need to bring the phone to a repair shop. Maybe they can take a look at the Power button to see if there are any problems there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

How new is the phone? If you just got it, see if you can return it for an exchange or refund.

Just because it's new doesn't mean it can't be defective. The Power button could still be a problem.

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

Since i purchased adcom thunder 430+ my phone was rebooting itself. It would reboot every few minutes or so. I have absolutely no idea why this began happening. The only thing that changed about the phone was that I took my case off of it yesterday, but I don't see that being the problem. Sometimes before it reboots, it will pop up the boot menu (Power Off, Restart, volume controls, etc...) but that menu will quickly go away on its own, and the phone will restart.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Still sounds like a bad or stuck power button. (That's one way to restart a phone - hold down the power button until it restarts.) It could be an intermittent power switch - shaking it or moving it the wrong way makes it seem like it's pressed and the phone restarts. Remember, we're talking about a 5 cent piece of hardware - some small percentage of them are defective from the start.