Why won't my phone charge?

tbell97

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a droid razr m. Today it was working just fine and while i was out it died....well sense then i have tried charging it and the green light won't light up. It's not the charger i'm using because it's working just fine for my mom's phone. Is there any way to fix it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you remember what the battery was at around the time it died? Was it draining fast, or was it still pretty full?

The two main possibilities are a failing battery or an even worse problem with the motherboard. Try plugging the phone into a wall outlet overnight, without disturbing it. When you try to power it on, press and hold the Power button for at least 15 seconds. If it still doesn't turn on, you probably need to contact a Motorola service center, or bring the phone to a repair shop.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's generally not a good idea to let a battery drain to 0%, because there's an increased chance of it actually reaching true zero, especially if you don't start charging it up soon after. Once it has completely drained to true zero, the battery is irreversibly dead.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12