How do I get my phone to recognize a file as a photo?

amber238

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
how do i get my phone to recognize a file as a photo?

I recovered a thousand+ photos that mysteriously disappeared from my gallery, TTL! Problem now is my phone doesn't recognize them unless I rename them by adding jpg, how can I do that in a group instead of individually?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: how do i get my phone to recognize a file as a photo?

I recovered a thousand+ photos that mysteriously disappeared from my gallery, TTL! Problem now is my phone doesn't recognize them unless I rename them by adding jpg, how can I do that in a group instead of individually?

I'm not sure that there is a way to batch rename the files on the device. How does a pc read the files? Perhaps it'll be easier to save on the pc then transfer back to the phone as jpg files.

amber238

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

I thought about that but I don't know how to exclusively transfer those files, considering every time I've transferred in the past it automatically just does photos & videos.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

I thought about that but I don't know how to exclusively transfer those files, considering every time I've transferred in the past it automatically just does photos & videos.
Can you mount the device and see the contents of the SD card? That's where you'll be able to drag and drop to the computer.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

And if you drag them all to one folder, going to a command prompt in that folder and typing

ren * *.jpg

would rename them all.

Running a terminal app on the phone, going to the folder the files are in and typing

mv * *.jpg

should also work. (mv is the Linux rename and/or move command.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo