Headphones for my Note 4

Daniel Collignon

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have just gotten my Note 4 a week ago. I was thinking of getting some nice over-ear headphones to go along with itm

I have been using Philips SHQ1200 earbuds until now and they rock. Clear and deep sound that always works.
I listen to all kinds of music ranging from rock to hardstyle. Don't judge haha. I also watch a lot of TV shows on my phone in the bus/train.
I have been looking into Audio Technica ATH-M50x for quite a time because of the awesome price point.

Do any of you have more experience on this? I'd love to hear your opinions. Budget is around max. 250-300 euro.
I also want to know how much impedence the DAC in my Note 4 (Snapdragon 805) can put out.

Kind regards,
Audiophile in training Daniël

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I also want to know how much impedence the DAC in my Note 4 (Snapdragon 805) can put out.

Kind regards,
Audiophile in training
Very much in training. First, the headphones don't connect to the DAC, they connect to the output of an audio amplifier that's driven (probably not directly) by the DAC. Second, the headphones should match the impedance of the output, or they should be high impedance (which would be a bridged output). Impedance isn't "given out", power is. Impedance just is. The question is "what is the impedance of ...?" But it should be "what impedance device will work with ...?", because that's what you're concerned with here.

Sorry I can't help you with a make and model. Since my ears are 72 years old, and have been subjected to decades of noise, I can't hear past about 2KHz, so any $2 euro earbuds give me as much "quality" as I can hear. Buying expensive headphones would do as much good for me as cleaning an elephant's feathers.

Daniel Collignon

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Very much in training. First, the headphones don't connect to the DAC, they connect to the output of an audio amplifier that's driven (probably not directly) by the DAC. Second, the headphones should match the impedance of the output, or they should be high impedance (which would be a bridged output). Impedance isn't "given out", power is. Impedance just is. The question is "what is the impedance of ...?" But it should be "what impedance device will work with ...?", because that's what you're concerned with here.

Sorry I can't help you with a make and model. Since my ears are 72 years old, and have been subjected to decades of noise, I can't hear past about 2KHz, so any $2 euro earbuds give me as much "quality" as I can hear. Buying expensive headphones would do as much good for me as cleaning an elephant's feathers.

In fact I do know all this stuff. Just didn't know how to put it all into English lol!

I've been looking for some headphones that go well with my new Note 4.

Daniel Collignon

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I guess <ignore me> would be a bit late now, huh? :)

Don't worry. I won't ignore you haha! <3

Urbanears com make some nice ones... A bit pricey but very good..

Checked them out but they only provide on ears. I kinda need over ears as I do know that my ears will get irritated soon.

Will check those out! Thanks! I've been looking at Beyerdynamics and Audio-Technica aswell. Any opinions on those?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21