Signal drops to zero, qualcomm snapdragon issue???

toroloco73

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm an italian owner of a Motorola Moto X XT1052,
I live in an area where the 3G signal is not very strong, and it happens that the phone changes alone in 2G mode, then return to 3G when the signal is better..
It happens, however, that during these steps 3G-2G or 2G-3G phone loses the line, so that in that passage i'm not contactable if someone phone me, I realize that I get the SMS notification later.
I noticed that the indicator of the phone signal drops to zero, and I can not even call. As an indication of the lack of signal is about 4-5 sec, sometimes alos 15-10 sec and i miss calls

I make a search on internet and it seems that is a global issue with new devices with qualcomm snapdragon soc, like nexus, htc one m7/m8, Sony Z3... and also windows phones with this soc

With other devices like Samsugn Galaxy S2 (exynos soc) , , Motorola Defy+ (TI OMAP) and Nokia 5800 (ARM soc) , in the same place with the same operator and sim didn't happens...

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It sounds as if you did enough research to answer your own question. When I read the topic, my first reaction was "no", but after reading your post, I'd have to say, "it certainly sounds like it". If Italian law has anything like a warranty of merchantability (anything sold must perform the function for which it's being sold), you can probably have the phone replaced with a different one at no cost. Many US states require this, and even an express limitation of liability ("no other warranty is expressed or implied" is the usual wording) can't limit the warranty of merchantability. IOW, an empty bottle can't be sold as a bottle of milk - and a phone that doesn't perform as a phone (and I'd say one that periodically doesn't receive phone calls isn't acting as a phone) can't be sold as a phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci