Why can't I connect to wifi at work, but can at home?

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
So, recently switched back to Android from iOS. I had the 5 and the 6 and at work was able to hop on and was connected to wifi no issues. However, was using the Moto X and now the Droid Turbo and no matter what I do it won't connect to my wifi. I enter the password and the wifi signal looks strong and as soon as I hit connect it drops it to 1 bar and switches to "saved" and constantly tries to keep connecting to the wifi, but nothing ever happens so I just hit forget this network and use LTE. I am using a ton of data because of this and would really like to fix it. There are no firewalls or anything at work that would prevent me from connecting especially since it was just a few weeks ago I was connected using an iPhone 6. Any ideas?

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Have you checked with your IT to see if they have started blocking or maybe it blocks all except for IOS.. Some companies will only let iPhones connect.. One of our networks does that while the other lets any connect..

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Have you checked with your IT to see if they have started blocking or maybe it blocks all except for IOS.. Some companies will only let iPhones connect.. One of our networks does that while the other lets any connect..

They said nothing that they knew of. Weird thing is, I actually worked for Motorola the last couple of years and when I switched jobs I still had android phones and I was able to connect no issue. I then had iOs, no issue, and now I am actually back using the Droid Turbo and have the 2nd gen X and nothing. So weird

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
One of those "phase of the moon" bugs. Some bugs we never quite figure out. I've given up worrying about them - life's too short and filled with things I can figure out.