my google nexus 7 1st generation is stuck on google

john tetreault

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
the tablet will not go past the google screen ,it will go to the restart bootloader and recovery ,start and power off but always goes back to google logo tablet fully charged has brand new micro usb and headphone jack assembly , never been dropped,or rooted , time to toss ? any ideas thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
New battery and headphone jack assembly? Did the problem start right after that? If it did, I'd suspect that someone broke something, left off a connector, pinched a cable, something like that.

If not, and if you can work on it yourself, it may pay to try to reflash it.

At any rate, don't toss it. If you want to get rid of it, find a local phone repair shop and ask if they want it for parts. (Get friendly with them and give them your old, no longer needed phones and tabs, and in the future if you need a little favor you can ask for it. [It's how I ran my cellphone stores - you help me and I'll help you.] At the very least, they can use it to train a new tech on replacing the glass on a screen. He's going to break a few before he learns, and a phone or tab that doesn't pay to repair is handy if he's going to break it anyway.)

john tetreault

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I replaced the headphone jack and mini usb due too the fact it wasn`t as tight a fit as I would have liked , asus wont give up any info on their diagnostics , tech said maybe bad logic board,sucks the tablet is mint ,just wish I could get into it to recover it and then root and flash it with cwm

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12