How do I locate the clipboard on a Moto G?

A

AC Question

how do i locate the clipboard on a moto g

I can't find files I have copied to the 'clipboard'?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do i locate the clipboard on a moto g

Welcome to the forums. Try this: Highlight any word on a webpage, and then long press it. What should come up is a bar at the top for cut, copy, and clipboard.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do i locate the clipboard on a moto g

There's no "clipboard" in a computer, it's just an area of RAM in which he computer stores (not in recognizable-to-humans format) whatever you copy or cut. You can't "find" it and you can't "find" the files you copied to it, since they aren't stored as files, they sit in the clipboard as data, identified by the clipboard firmware as belonging to that particular file.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome as a new member.☺

As the previous posts have said, you cannot actually view, or look at, the Clipboard. The file that you have saved to Clipboard can be copied into a text by long-pressing a space in the text, which will bring up the 'Paste' or 'Clipboard' option. When you press those, the file is copied into the text.

Posted via Android Central App

SgtKOnyx

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately for the many people in this thread saying you can't, on some devices you *can* view the clipboard, such as my old LG Harmony 2. It would come up as a second option next to "paste" in many contexts. This has actually been a hiccup in my adoption of my new phone, a Moto Stylus 5G (the reason I found this thread and decided to necro it), and I keep copying multiple tracking numbers or such and then closing the page because my brain thinks I can get the numbers from the clipboard.

Edit: worse yet, the standard google keyboard actually has an option for looking at it, and I'm kicking myself for not noticing sooner.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately for the many people in this thread saying you can't, on some devices you *can* view the clipboard, such as my old LG Harmony 2. It would come up as a second option next to "paste" in many contexts. This has actually been a hiccup in my adoption of my new phone, a Moto Stylus 5G (the reason I found this thread and decided to necro it), and I keep copying multiple tracking numbers or such and then closing the page because my brain thinks I can get the numbers from the clipboard.

Edit: worse yet, the standard google keyboard actually has an option for looking at it, and I'm kicking myself for not noticing sooner.
Welcome to AC!
Pretty much all the phones last few years get access to clipboard through keyboard, probably wasnt option back then as this thread from 2014

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! As mustang7757 pointed out, you're responding to a pretty old thread. 8 years ago, only a few keyboard apps had an enhanced clipboard (notably LG). But in general, most other keyboard apps could only save one item at a time, so there was no way to actually view the clipboard.

Nowadays, as you point out, Google finally adopted the enhanced clipboard option, so it's possible now on pretty much any phone.