Why is my phone not charging(S4)?

A

AC Question

why is my phone not charging i have a samsung galaxy s4

my phone fully died yesterday i put it on the charger and nothing happens. my phone is getting extremely hot i bought a new Samsungharger because i thought the original one had a short in it.i also took the battery out

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: why is my phone not charging i have a samsung galaxy s4

my phone fully died yesterday i put it on the charger and nothing happens. my phone is getting extremely hot i bought a new Samsungharger because i thought the original one had a short in it.i also took the battery out

Can you check the battery terminals on your device? maybe the + and - contacts get into contact somehow. If your battery gets very hot while charging, it might be a voltage proble. Can you check the difference in voltage from the one you replaced? If you replaced the charger, get the old charger and compare the "output voltage and output current".

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: why is my phone not charging i have a samsung galaxy s4

Sounds more like the battery is internally shorted. The good news is that a replacement battery is around $10.

(Output current is irrelevant. If it's not enough, it'll take longer for the phone to charge. If it's more than the phone needs, the phone will only draw what it needs. Your 100 Watt light bulb, that needs 1 Amp, is connected to house wiring that has about 100 Amps available - it draws 1 Amp. Output voltage is normally between 5 and 5.2 Volts on these chargers - anything in that range will work, since there's circuitry in the phone to keep the voltage at what the battery needs at any given moment [and it varies throughout the charge cycle].)