IS there no Trash bin on the Galaxy Note Pro SM-P900?

A

AC Question

No Trash bin on the Galaxy Note Pro SM-P900

I had deleted some files and cannot retrieve them back, Please! I NEED SOMEONE'S EXPERTISE! Thank You!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: No Trash bin on the Galaxy Note Pro SM-P900

Welcome to Android Central! This isn't Windows--there is no trash bin for the Android system, unless you deleted the files within certain types of apps (like Google Photos, for example, which does have a temporary Trash folder). If you were using a file manager app and deleted a file that way, it's gone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: No Trash bin on the Galaxy Note Pro SM-P900

If the files were on the SD card, use an adapter to connect the card (not the phone) to a computer and use PhotoRec to recover them.

If they were on the phone's internal storage, you could root the phone, then install a file recovery app, but doing those things could overwrite the deleted files you're trying to recover. (You can't run a file recovery app on a non-rooted phone.)

yuri_dk

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
This is a VERY serious design flaw with potentially devastating consequences. VERY BAD!!!!!
The fact that it has STILL not been addressed is HORRENDOUS and is only due to (apparently behind-the-scene agreement to) promoting various "data recovery" tools. These tools in practice turn out pretty useless.
I just paid for two such tools, over $100 total, with 30-day money back guarantee at al., neither really worked on my Samsung p900, meaning they did scan but recovered everything except the files I needed, which were accidently deleted just prior to the "recovery tool" purchase and attempted recovery. And of course when I tried to get a refund it wasn't provided stated that my case (product did not work as promised) "is not covered". Extremely frustrating.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
This is a VERY serious design flaw with potentially devastating consequences. VERY BAD!!!!!
The fact that it has STILL not been addressed is HORRENDOUS and is only due to (apparently behind-the-scene agreement to) promoting various "data recovery" tools. These tools in practice turn out pretty useless.
I just paid for two such tools, over $100 total, with 30-day money back guarantee at al., neither really worked on my Samsung p900, meaning they did scan but recovered everything except the files I needed, which were accidently deleted just prior to the "recovery tool" purchase and attempted recovery. And of course when I tried to get a refund it wasn't provided stated that my case (product did not work as promised) "is not covered". Extremely frustrating.
Regular backups prevents those issues.