Battery draining: Why is my Screen using 24%, Android System 21% and Phone using 15% of my battery?

A

AC Question

Hi Guys
Your advice would be appreciated. I've owned my Galaxy S5 for 3 days now and the battery is draining soooo fast >> battery life was one of the features that made me swap - OOPS. (Regretting my decision to migrate from the iphone)

Its losing about 1% every 5-10minutes. 2hrs ago it was fully charged, and now it's at 56%.

I'm in Australia. The contract is Optus.

SCREEN = 23%
I've dimmed the screen. I've darkened the wallpaper - I am stumped. What am I doing wrong?

ANDROID SYSTEM = 21%
no idea what this is, but compared to what I am reading in the threads this is high. Any tips to manage?

PHONE = 15%
I have made 1 x 5min call since owning the Galaxy S5. Thats all. Is this high? What can I do?

EXCHANGE SERVICES = 12%
I've changed the syncing to Non-Peak = 15min and Peak = 5min. What else can I be doing?

EMAIL = 10%
I am using the app that came installed with purchase - been very low frequency emails in past 12hours (5 emails, no attachments).

ANDROID OS = 7%
Dont know what this is. May be this is ok?

I've also tried to delete all the Apps that came with the phone that I wont use, and have installed FB, Twitter and Instagram - they seem to be ok.

Really appreciate your time and help

R

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Aside from the screenshots (the phone may be awake all the time, the mobile data or wifi signals may be weak), the numbers aren't percentage of battery used, they're percentage of what's being used. IOW, the screen isn't using 23% of your battery, it's using 23% of whatever amount is being used from the battery - which could be 1% of capacity or 90% of capacity. But post the screenshots - 44% battery drain in 2 hours is very high.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech