How do I Mount SD card from Sony Ericsson Xperia play(r800i)??

A

AC Question

My dad got the phone 2 and a half years ago, then my old phone broke for good so he gave me his and I've been using it for 6 months already. the phone starts working funny 3 days ago and on November 1, 2014 its completely wrecked(like it keeps on freezing up)

then I decided to factory reset its data(SD card and sim card has been removed first of course) then it worked, so I thought maybe the space left was just too little that's why it freezes up. Then when I tried mounting the SD card back it would freeze up a bit(the back cover has been put on by the way) and the phone would show a pop-up saying whether to 'force close' it or 'wait' for it, so I press 'wait' then the pop-up would show again a few seconds later and I'll press the 'wait' again.

I kept on doing this over and over again I even restart my phone to do the mounting again.

I need your help cause I don't want my dad to get mad. Anyone can help or suggest but I hope an android developer could read this ASAP.

Thank you. - Monica

P.S. the phone was a gift from my aunt who lives in England(and she bought it in England) so there are no stores here who sells an xperia play anymore. But I haven't tried having it checked cause I'm pretty busy with school.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How old is the SD card? They don't last forever, and can start to fail or get corrupted as they get older. Insert the SD card into your computer's SD reader and see if it can read the files. If so, backup all the data now, then run chkdsk to see if there are any bad sectors, which suggests corruption: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html.

Try using a new SD card to see if the problems persist.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2