Switch to Android or stay on Blackberry?

ItsCourage

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Okay, the title gives little information, so allow me to elaborate. I dropped my Blackberry Z10 on to a hardwood floor from the height of my breast pocket. I have a warranty with T-Mobile, and they gave 2 options, either replace my phone, or get a new one without any additional fees. The thing is, T-Mobile no longer carries Blackberry phones, so if I choose to get a new device, they will have me start paying for the new phone in monthly installments. I personally love Blackberry 10, but I really want to upgrade, should I get an Android device such as the Xperia Z3, or the Galaxy Note 4, or should I wait until I can get a Blackberry Passport/Classic?

My needs include multimedia (i.e. pictures, videos, hdmi/miracast output), a long battery life, and a wealthy amount of location based services (on my Z10, I use Maps, ARKick, and Yelp). Can Android service my needs?

I'll be asking this on the Crackberry Forums as well as the Android Central Forums.

Thanks Mobile Nations!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There are plenty of Android devices that can meet those needs admirably. Some phones that come to mind include the Moto X, LG G3, HTC One M8, and Samsung S5 and Note 4. There's a huge selection of apps for location-based services, as well as anything else you can think of.

Ask the T-Mobile folks if you can try one of those Android phones for a couple of weeks. If you find that it just doesn't do it for you, ask them if you'd be able to return the phone and request a replacement for your Z10 instead.