Hi. So I'd like to know if there's a way to recover an unsaved video because i was recording a parade and it was 30 mins worth of video and the camera froze while recording. PLEASE IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TELL ME
    11-02-2014 12:25 PM
    If you can find the file, copy it to your PC and find a file editing program that will open a partially closed file. (It's going to take some work on your part.)

The file will probably have some weird name - numbers and letters. After you copy it to your PC, if it's not a video file (mp4, avi, etc.) try changing the extension of the file (or, better yet, a copy of the file), and see if some program will open it (VLC opens almost anything). The problem is that the extension has to be what the file format actually is. If it's an mp4 file and you name it an avi file, the program will attempt toopen an avi format file and fail.

Once you know the correct extension, and can open it in a video editor, you can chop off the end, which will probably be garbage, and save it as a new file.

I hope it was a video of something really spectacular. (After doing this, you'll learn why movie editors make nice money. It's not going to be an easy hour for you - more like a difficult day or two.)
    11-02-2014 05:09 PM