Why are my group MMS delayed?

A

AC Question

MMS delayed receipt problem on Moto X (Verizon)

For all group messages on my Moto X, I have a delayed receipt of responses, usually by several hours. The exception is if I happen to send another group message, I will receive all the responses to all group messages at the same time - almost like by sending a group message, the responses were "pushed" through. A second problem is, for one of my group messages, I receive responses from one of my friends (Android phone, also Verizon carrier) as an individual text instead of within the group like how she sent it. I have tried shutting down and restarting, factory reset, new Moto X phone, new SIM card, different messaging apps, checked any and all settings possible, and whatever else Verizon and Motorola suggested. A couple of "solutions" worked on a very temporary basis (i.e., for an hour or two maximum). My previous phone was a basic phone, but so were my sistets' phones and they do not have the same problem. I hate my phone and would throw it against a wall if I didn't need it! Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be, and, more importantly, a solution that will actually work??

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: MMS delayed receipt problem on Moto X (Verizon)

Welcome to the forums! It definitely sounds like a network issue, not so much as a problem with your actual device. When sending the mms, are you also sending to contacts with iPhone devices? If so, then that could be a problem on their end with iMessage.

To make sure everything is OK on your end, I'd suggest making sure the device is fully updated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12