Why my leftmost home screen doesn't save widgets?

A

AC Question

After updating from Jellybean to Kitkat a couple of weeks ago (on a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, GT-I9195), my leftmost home screen doesn't save the widgets I place in it. I can still add widgets to that page and they are shown correctly until I turn off the phone, but on reboot the widget is gone.
I'm sure is something regarding the page being the first on the left, because if I add more pages and place widgets on each one of them, only the first from the left deletes its widget.
Could it be something involving Google Now? I read that Kitkat adds it to your left homescreen, but I have it turned off from Google settings.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
That's a little odd - I'd suggest a factory reset since you upgraded from Jellybean to KitKat. Often times there can be oddities when updating from one version of Android to the next (not so much with small incremental updates). If it continues then it could be related to Google Now, but even then, seems a little odd.

Let us know if the reset resolves it - be sure to backup before you reset since it will delete your data, text and call logs (apps are available in the Play Store to backup that data).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Depending on the phone (the launcher it uses, actually), you may be able to delete the leftmost screen, add one on the right, then move all the icons over one screen to the right (one at a time).

Or try a different launcher. Nova seems to be about the most popular one. (I put it on all my phones before doing anything else.)